Social Media Participation & Moderation Guidelines
- We aim to post relevant, informative content regarding the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice.
- We utilise Indigenous.gov.au and National Indigenous Australians Agency social media channels.
- We want all members of our social media networks to feel comfortable entering into informed discussion.
- We want this to be a respectful forum.
- We want posts to be courteous and to be a safe space for participants to put their views forward, including for participants under the age of 18 years and Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander participants.
- Be respectful of other users of this site.
- Don’t post or upload content that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative, including swearing or obscene or vulgar comments.
- Don’t post or upload content that is discriminatory.
- Stay on topic and don’t upload content or post a comment that is unrelated to the purpose of the post.
- Don’t post or upload content that breaks the law or encourage others to do so. This includes defamation, breaching privacy, breaching another person’s intellectual property rights such as copyright, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court.
- Don’t post personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details relating either to you or other individuals.
- Don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation.
- Don’t make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication.
Our social media accounts are moderated and taking the above into consideration, we reserve the right to remove any of the following judged as not complying with acceptable use:
- Comments, links or images that are obscene, profane or hateful in nature.
- Comments, links or images that are sexist, racist or discriminatory.
- Comments that threaten any person or organization.
- Comments that defame or harass an individual.
- Successive off-topic posts by a single poster.
- Links to off-topic personal profiles, groups or pages.
- Repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple posters.
- Repeated comments that are designed to annoy, inflame discussion or insult participants, deemed as trolling.
- Solicitations or advertisements for any political party.
- Comments that encourage illegal activity.
Commenters can seek the reinstatement of their comments or to be ‘unblocked’ if they feel they have not breached the guidelines by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.