This notice outlines how the National Indigenous Australians Agency (the Agency) collects and protects your personal information when you communicate with us about the voice co-design process, and when using our website.
Communicating with you
The Agency may collect your personal information (such as your name and your email address), to communicate with you about your specific enquiry or request or to distribute updates (if you have subscribed) or to receive a submission or survey response.
If you would like to communicate with us directly you can email us at email@example.com.
We will only use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than the purpose for which it was given to us, with your consent or where we are otherwise authorised or permitted to do so under the Privacy Act.
Subscription newsletter services
The Agency uses a third party provider, Campaign Monitor, to communicate Indigenous voice co-design process updates with our subscribers.
If you choose to receive our updates:
- we will provide your personal information to the third party service provider, Campaign Monitor, for the purposes of sending the newsletter and other related communications to you.
Other than Campaign Monitor, we will not provide the information collected from you to anyone else outside the Agency or Department – unless you have given consent for us to do this, or the law otherwise requires or permits us to do so.
Providing the requested information is voluntary. If you choose not to provide us with your email address, we will not be able to add you to the newsletter distribution list to send you updates.
You can unsubscribe anytime from our newsletter by replying ‘Unsubscribe’ to our updates.
Social networking services
If you choose to communicate with us through a social network service such as Facebook or Twitter:
- we may collect your personal information to help us communicate with you and the public
- the social network service providers (and potentially their partners) may collect, use, and hold your personal information, including overseas
- the social networking service providers will also handle your personal information for their own purposes. These services have their own privacy policies. You can access the privacy policies for Twitter (link opens new window), Facebook (link opens new window) and YouTube (link opens new window) (a Google company) on their websites.
When you email us personal information, or provide it to us through 'contact us' options provided through this site:
- we will record your email address and any other information submitted
- we will use this information for the purpose for which you provide it
- your email address will not be added to a mailing list, unless provided by you specifically for that purpose.
Submissions and surveys
Other than Converlens, we will not provide the personal information collected from you in submissions or surveys to anyone else outside the Agency unless you have given consent for us to do this, or the law otherwise requires or permits us to do so.
More information about how we protect personal information collected as part of submissions and surveys is on the respective submission and survey forms.
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Clickstream data (information logged)
When visiting this site, a record of your visit is logged. This 'clickstream data' is collected for statistical purposes and is used to help improve this website. The following information is supplied by your browser (for example Internet Explorer) and collected by us:
- the user's server address
- the user's operating system (for example Windows, MAC)
- the user's top level domain name (for example .com, .gov)
- the date and time of the visit to the site
- the pages accessed and the documents downloaded
- the previous site visited
- the type of browser used.
02 6152 3080
Post The Privacy Officer
National Indigenous Australians Agency
PO Box 2191
CANBERRA ACT 2600