I am a 34 year old non-indigenous Australian and currently live on the land of the Noongar Wadjuk people.
As part of the review of the co-design report I call for -
1. The establishment of a First Nations Voice enshrined in the Constitution.
2. For the co-design report be reviewed in line with the Uluru Statement of the heart
3. For the government must honour its election commitment to a referendum once the model for the Voice has been settled;
4. Enabling legislation for the Voice must be passed after a referendum has been held in the next term of Parliament; and
5. The membership model for the National Voice must ensure previously unheard Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people have the same chance of being selected as established leadership figures.
I hope that that in my support I may walk with the traditional owners of this land in a movement of Australian people for a better future.